Off-takers and suppliers
- Car Industry: We have targeted users in United Kingdom, Italy, France and Germany. Also, we have investigated targeted users in the Building Industry in Morocco and South Africa.
- Transport Industry: Aircraft industry, commercial vessels, rail cars, marine hulls, car engine castings, wheels, radiators, body parts. The 2000, 7000 and 8000 series alloys are used in aircraft industry and 5000 and 6000 series in car industries.
- Smart Phone Industry: The amount of aluminium used to make smartphones, tablets and lab tops is increasing, gradually replacing plastic and steel components. The 6000 series alloys is used for this product category.
- Space Industry: The 1000, 2000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000 series aluminium alloys are used in aerospace structures. In fact, 50%-90% of spacecrafts are made of aluminium alloys.
- Electrical Conductors: Conductors in either 1000 or 6000 series alloys are sensible technical alternatives to copper for all electrical conductors even in domestic wiring.
- Packaging: 1000 series for foils for food wrapping, beverage cans, food cans and easy open ring pull in the lid.
- Building and Architecture: Roofing for factories, windows and pre-formed sheet cladding features, doors, canopies, front for shops and prestigious buildings, architectural hardware and fittings (3000, 5000, 6000 series are applicable).
All above cover approximately 85% of applications.
The remaining 15% consist of the following miscellaneous applications:
- Niche small scale very high value applications
- High Pressure Gas Cylinders: capacities up to 15 litres for storage and transportation of CO2, air, oxygen and special gases. Beer cylinders mainly 20-25 litres (6000 alloy series).
- Machined Components: High tolerance components can be machined from the 2000 and 6000 series alloys. These alloys have additions of lead and bismuth.
- Ladders and Access Equipment: The 6000 series extrusions are used both in industrial as well as domestic applications.
- Sporting Equipment: The 2000 and 7000 series alloys are used for golf clubs and trolleys, racquets for many sports, snooker and pool cues and ski poles.
- Road Barriers and Signs: Extrusions and roll formed sheet in the 6000 and 5000 series provide good corrosion resistance and decorative ability.
- Domestic and Office Furniture: The complexity and surface finish of extrusions in the 6000 series, coupled with the range of shapes from castings and the use of super plastically formed sheets, allows designers unlimited scope.
- Lithographic Plates: This is a high purity 1000 series sheet product which has its surface electromechanically grained then anodized to generate the base to receive the coatings used by printers.
- Car Fuel Industry (Petrol Stations)
- Large Power Utilities (Fuel for Power Generation)
- Aviation Fuel Industry
- Shipping Industry
Specific major local corporations from the car fuel industry and large power utilities have expressed desire for a long term off take agreement on all planned production.